Thursday, June 13, 2013

Neon Rainbow Gradient Youtube inspired

Gradient, or Ombre? Gradient or Ombre? Gradient or Ombre???

I have had both of these explained to me by a few different people, and I am just not sure that it matters anymore, lol. The simplest explanation I have heard is Ombre is for hair, Gradient is for nails. I have also heard, Color shifting on 1 nail is a gradient, colors that are all from the same family but gradually get lighter or darker with each fingernail is ombre.  I DON'T KNOW! Honestly, I don't do this style mani often enough to worry too much about it lol.

I was looking for something to do on youtube. The difference was I was looking for something that was outside of my comfort zone. I'm not real good with the gradient/ombre thing, and neon colors and I do not get along. But I chose THIS tutorial by cutepolish, and decided to give it a try. Neon colors and all.





1 comment: