Friday, April 12, 2013

Creations by Lynda, swatches and review...

*These polishes were sent to me for my honest opinion*

Lynda from Creations by Lynda sent me the Fairytale collection and one of her Tempus Fugit colors.

I'm going to start with the two polishes that seemed to give me trouble. I don't want to write a "bad" review, and I don't think this will be one. I think it's a simple matter of a mini, which means mini brush, and mini room for shaking. Anyhow, here it goes ladies! (and gentlemen)

First up, Crimson Wolf, "red base with iridescent glitter inspired by Ruby/Red Riding Hood."


This polish has the potential to be SO pretty! Looking at it in the bottle, I was convinced it would be my favorite. I was pretty bummed when I couldn't see the glitters in this polish. I couldn't seem to get an even coat, so this is 3 coats, and it looks textured and uneven. Probably user error, lol.
UPDATE!!!!
Lynda has a re-formulated versoin of Crimson Wolf, and it looks simply darling! Can't wait to get my hands on it!!!! Here's a picture of the new version on a nail wheel, RE-FORMULATED
Next up, Wicked Enchantment, "a purple based polish with hints of black shreds and silver stars. It was inspired by The Evil Queen/Regina Mills."


I LOVE THIS POLISH! It's such a pretty purple! The stars didn't stick out, or fold up or even stick together. I did have to place a few, just because I'm picky where I wanted them to be. My only "complaint" about this polish is it's thickness. I intend to buy a full sized bottle, with a full sized brush, lol. Also thinking I might add some thinner to it, and try swatching it again. My swatch is 2 coats.

Next up, Snow Day, "a shimmery pearl white base with flecks of tiny iridescent and blue matte glitter, inspired by Snow White/Mary Margaret Blanchard."

I was surprised how much I really like this polish! The glitter shows through just enough to add a little something to the polish, and with a coat of seche, any of the glitter bumps went away. The formula was great! 2 coats, and tada! Pretty!

Next, Charming One, "a shimmery green base color with blue, and multiple shades of green glitter flecks, inspired by David/Prince Charming."

Again, loving this polish. The Irish girl in me is totally smitten. The formula was just like Snow Day. Swatch is 2 coats.

Next, Golden Spindle, "a gold base color with black shreds and lots of shimmery micro gold glitter flecks, inspired by Rumpelstiltskin/Mr. Gold."

Love this idea! The black shards look green to me (due to the gold I'm sure). The polish was a little on the thick side, but not terribly. Again, will probably add some thinner and do more swatching with it. Swatch is 2 coats.

Next, Swan Song, "is inspired by Emma Swan and has a nude shimmer base which reflects hints of coral and rose, with burgundy and berry glitter."

So, color me surprised when my favorite from this collection ended up being the nude/pink one! The formula was amazing. No issues whatsoever. LOVE it! My swatch shows 2 coats.


That's all for the Fairy Tale collection. I'm not used to seeing shimmer polishes done up this way, and I love it! I think next time around I might give the polishes some undies and see if that helps with the problems that I did have. All in all, I really like them!
Lynda sent a bonus for me to try, and OMGOSH!

Midnight Sonnet


I am a sucker for a good blue polish! Add to that it has holo glitters, and didn't stain my nails or skin?! Yeah, I'm sold! LOVE this! My swatch shows 2 coats with a coat of Seche. Wore this to work last night, and got a LOT of compliments on it.

You can purchase all of these polishes on Lynda's sites!


or



No comments:

Post a Comment