Saturday, August 24, 2013

The Bald and The Beautiful, part 1

As stated on www.llarowe.com; "This is a two polish collection in tribute to the beautiful Talia Joy, a blogger who battled cancer and lost that fight on July 16th with a spirit that encouraged so many.  100% of the proceeds of this polish will benefit St. Jude's Hospital."

Talia's story....  (thank you llarowe for the link to this!)

That last sentence made my decision for me. I was buying these polishes whether I liked the colors or not. Cancer has effected my family in terribly profound ways. My nephew is currently battling Stage 4 Neuroblastoma (as some of you may know from previous posts), 2 friends of mine that have been in my life for nearly 20 years have also recently beat Cancer. One breast, the other; Hodgkin's lymphoma. Childhood cancer in addition to all other forms of this nasty disease, well frankly they make me angry. I can count on 1 hand the number of family members I have lost that didn't die of cancer. The rest had it in 1 of it's many forms. What some people don't know, is that childhood cancer is severely underfunded in regard to research. In fact (unless things have changed recently) it is on the bottom of the list.

Anyhow, first I am going to show you the blue side of the duo. Talia's favorite color was blue. And this blue polish is amazing. At first I was a little upset, I was expecting the bright & bold blue that I saw in the release photos. And in the bottle I thought maybe I was sent the wrong polish, but after a swatch on a nail wheel, I realized I was mistaken. The purple shimmer, the subtle color shifts (that I didn't even notice until I began typing this), and it's just all around beautiful. Just like the little girl this is in honor of.

Stay tuned for part 2, coming soon!





1 comment:

  1. I got mine today and started with the blue too. Love the shimmer.

    ReplyDelete