Wednesday, December 5, 2012

12 Days of Christmas. Challenge 2, Holiday Song

Today's challenge posed a bit of a dilemma for me. My favorite holiday song ever is Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer. My kids, who are 4, 6, and 12 love the Alvin and the Chipmunks Christmas song. I figured out a way to put my favorite song on my nails, and did so last night. Well, this morning when the 4 and 6 year old saw that I obviously didn't have the Alvin and the Chipmunks song on my nails, they were very upset. They both helped me pick out an airplane to use for inspiration, so they were looking forward to it. Anyhow, I have pics of both, and I didn't see anything in the rules about posting 2 pictures, so, I'm going to post a pic of both... Here goes nothin'!

For Grandma Got Run Over by a Reindeer I used the following...
   Thumbs- China Glaze's "Immortal" for Gma's tombstone.
                  Sally Hansen Xtreme wear "Emerald City" for the grass
                  Orly's "Buried Alive" for  the dirt
   Reindeers- Sinful Colors "Nirvana" and Orly's "Buried Alive"
                     Rudolph's nose was China Glaze's "Ruby Pumps"
   Gma's hair (which is blue but you can't really see in the pic) - Sinful Colors "Cinderella"
  Details- Wet n' Wild "white creme" for eyes, Stripe Rite in black for outlines, Orly's "Liquid Vinyl" for eyes, and China Glaze's "Merry Berry" for the 'blood'.
   Background color is Wet n' Wild "Break the Ice"

After looking at the mani I just didn't like it very much, and it seemed a bit morbid for the holiday season, lol. Finally, here's a pic!
 "Grandma got run over by a reindeer, walking home from our house Christmas Eve. You can say there's no such thing as Santa, but as for me and Grandpa; we believe."



So, this morning, after the near meltdown with my children, I decided to remove the previous mani and did something inspired by The Chipmunks.
     I used China Glaze's "Merry Berry" and "Smoke And Ashes".  Kleancolor Nail to Toe "retro silver" and Sinful Colors "Let's Meet" for Alvin's "A".
    I for the life of me could not get even a remotely chipmunk looking chipmunk on my nails, so I opted for Alvin's sweater/sweatshirt and put the "hula hoop" around the A.

As per usual I topped both manis with a coat of SV and a couple drops of Sally Hansen's Dry & Go Drops, which if you haven't tried, I strongly suggest you go get some...now! It will have your manicure COMPLETELY dry, not just dry to the touch in minutes. All right, here's the other pic!

       "Want a plane that loops the loop, me I want a hula hoop, We can hardly stand the wait, please Christmas don't be late."

have a great day everyone!

UPDATE: I apologize for my entry being later in the day, I posted this early this morning, and forgot to add my link to one of the lovely ladies blogs. oops. : )

No comments:

Post a Comment